Monday, July 07, 2014

DCC in Land of the Rising Sun

Since Oriental Adventures, I've been captivated by the idea of role playing in medieval and late classical Japan. In the late 90's/Early 2000's, I ran across a game called Sengoku, which used a ruleset called the Fuzion engine, but beyond that was one of the best gaming resources for flashing blades chanbara samurai action that I've ever seen. For a couple of years, I lovingly built a setting and "adventure path" based on noh dramas...to no avail. I could find no one that was interested in the genre or learning a new system. In that time, I read everything I could get my hands on regarding the period, as well as before and after.

Anyway, all that to say that the bug has been crawling around my brain with regard to the samurai genre for all that time, and I'm finally launching a DCC game in that genre.

What I have so far are a few draft, ready-to-playtest docs to get us started. I'll have modifications and additions after we play next week.

The campaign is called Incidents of Travel in the Ketsueki Empire. I'm planning to run in-person games at least once a month. If there's interest, I'll run some random G+ games. If there's even more interest, I'd really like to do a 'zine with community input/writing. If you're interested, PM me on G+.

I'll be posting more about this campaign here, including some info on the real world basis and inspiration for the world.

As always, let me know what you think.







Incidents of Travel in the Ketsueki Empire -- Player's Guide

No comments: