Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Patron Monday (ish): Yephriel, the Iron Champion

I started this patron-a-week experiment two weeks ago... unfortunately, I haven't held to my schedule due to life-y kinda things. Anyway. Here's the second one. Not on Monday.

I also talked about patron generation methods -- a "process" to at least generate some ideas for invoke patron (and even spell) results over here and here.

Back when we were writing Angels, Daemons and Beings Between, Daniel and I were contemplating not just "lawful" patrons, but patrons of right and good. I came up with a couple, and Daniel's made it into the book: Lavariel, Angel of the Temple -- friggin' awesome lawful/good patron. I never finished either one of mine, but now I have.

Yephriel is directly inspired by a combination of the Colossus of Rhodes (in addition to being one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, it's also the subject of an interesting book by L. Sprague De Camp -- the Bronze God of Rhodes), the Iron Giant (because he's awesome), and general interest in
giant death-dealing robots.

Another little experiment with this one -- What if the particulars of the patron caused additional effects, both helpful and not so helpful, when spellburning? Dunno. Have a look see. Try it out. And as always, let me know what you think.

Yephriel, the Iron Champion

3 comments:

Reid San Filippo said...

For Seek Your Enemy result 32+, what dice are used for the extra actions?

Paul Wolfe said...

Good eye. I'll update.

NaRong said...

Well, this will see some use. thank you kindly!

** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**
** goldenslot mobile**