That's right kids. Put on your 2013 fashions and rock out to your favorite music from the Obama era, because that da'gone DAMN magazine is back.
Here's the initial plan (which is pretty solid) and the next steps (which are pretty solid) and the future of DAMN magazine (which entirely depends on you).
DAMN Issue 1:: Back in Time Edition
The first issue of DAMN magazine was released in PDF, but never made it to print. Well, we're going to change all that. We're releasing DAMN #1 with expanded content (see below), an all-new layout, and, more importantly, new FOCUS: We want to report on, support, and publish from 3rd Party DCC RPG publishers, authors, and fans. For this first issue, we give you a taste of that, which hopefully much more to come.
Table of Contents
- The Mysterious Valley -- By Daniel J. Bishop -- Travel to the wizard Harhasan's secret valley where he bred monsters from men and animals. And run from these creations!
- Forsaken Reavers of Praeder Peak -- by Paul Wolfe -- Drawn to the hellish jungles of Praeder Island by the soul of Skal Silverhand, northron hero and basket case, your party seeks to release his restless dead companions to their final reward.
- It's All Greek to Me! Mythical Monsters from a Future Age-- by Daniel J. Bishop -- ***New Content*** In the far future, it's no longer a simple matter to tell magic from science. And these "magical" monsters look a lot like those from Greek legend!
- The Snow Queen -- by Garett Oliver -- A Queen of the Elves has lived much longer than even elves should live. And it's really cold here.
- Articles by Daniel J. Bishop, Godric McKellan, and new content by Stephen "Snake" Newton, Paul Wolfe and the DAMNed Fine News Staff.
- All new art by David Fisher!
- And other Surprises!
DAMN Issue 2 :: Ain't No Party Like a Third-Party Party
This is where we really get focused on our core -- we have a line-up of third-party DCC authors and fans that's going to knock you for a DAMNed loop (never gets old). Expect something along these lines:
- Interview with a third-party DCC publisher, author, podcaster, or super-fan
- DCC News -- Third-party products, crowdfunding announcements and news, Con reports, and the like.
- DCC Talk -- That's right, a letters section, so stay tuned for a place to send them. We're going to publish fan letters, answer questions about rules, adventures, and other DCC-related fun.
- At least two "long form" adventures (similar to issue 1)
- Three to five "short form" adventures/encounters (think In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer).
- Art, ART, A R T!
- And tons of gameable content.
The DAMN Future :: Or... It's All in Your Hands
The future of DAMN Magazine is up to you guys. Do you want a regular adventure and news magazine covering this game that we all love? If you do, then there will be a subscription drive and a submission drive -- We need to have the best content and we need to get that content in the hands of every DCC player out there -- and convert a few on on the way.
Your feedback is always desired -- feel free to leave a comment about DAMN and what you'd like to see in a community magazine.